The towns of Grand Coulee, Electric City, Coulee Dam, Elmer City and Nespelem each provide water, sewer and garbage services for their respective towns. Call your city/town municipality to set up water/sewer/garbage if you live within city/town limits.
If you live outside city/town limits you will need to call:
- Unincorporated areas of Grant and Lincoln County: Sunrise Disposal 509.633.0100
- Okanogan County: Nespelem City Hall 509.634.4691
Electricity is provided by your county Public Utility District, though it varies somewhat by town and county:
- Grant County PUD (servicing all of Electric City, all of Grand Coulee, some of Lincoln County off SR 174, and western Coulee Dam) 509.766.2505
- Nespelem Valley Electric Co-op (servicing east Coulee Dam and small communities from eastern Coulee Dam north to Nespelem) 509.634.4571
Only two cellular phone providers offer services in the area: AT&T and Verizon. While there is some crossover in service areas, AT&T service is strongest (4G and LTE) in Grand Coulee, Electric City, and Nespelem, while Verizon is strongest in Coulee Dam, Grand Coulee, and parts of Electric City. If you live in Coulee Dam and have AT&T, you may want to talk with AT&T about hardware options for boosting cell coverage in your home through your Internet service.
Internet and phone service
Depending on where you live, you may get to enjoy Grant County PUD’s ZIPP Fiber Optic Network, which they call “the fastest Internet in the nation.” If you live in Grant County, go to grantpud.org or call 800-422-3199 to find out if high-speed fiber optic service is available for you. Click here for a list of fiber service providers and their contact information.
Non-fiber Internet options include the following:
- Coulee Internet Services offers high speed wireless broadband internet across the counties of Grant, Lincoln, Okanogan and Douglas. They specialize in offering quality internet connections to areas without any other comparable choices. 509.720.7627
- Centurylink offers DSL service in most of the Grand Coulee area. 888.650.6750
- iFiber offers DSL service in Coulee Dam and the Geostar/Columbia Springs area. 866.284.3842
- HughesNet and others offer satellite to Belvedere, Seaton’s Grove, and outlying areas along SR 174.
- Coulee Dam Federal Credit Union offers accelerated dial-up service throughout the area. 800.572.5678
While curbside recycling is not yet available in the Grand Coulee Dam area, many local places allow you to recycle many types of items, including the following: